February 8, 2012

#1010 greyed expectations

my feet delivered me here
within arm's reach, on the bookstore shelf sits a
happy book with a happy pink cover with a happy new mother
with her 
smile and her
newborn baby

but happiness is relative to me
i have no relative to name, or to carry my name after me
tried twice but 
justice, two babies, and two fragments of my soul got
    miscarried
i lost two things that i
    never had

i'm becoming an expert on the first trimester
can i handle a third first trimester?
after the second in one year i 
gave god the digit between the 
 annularis and the secundus manus as a gesture
after the last first trimester
i tried to muster 
the love i need to be being human being
why did my feet deliver me to this aisle?
could they see what is stuck spinning in my brain every time they step, every poem, every day?

it takes all the love i have to
feel love for the shiny glossy glowing woman with her 
smile and her
newborn baby
the book educates, soothes fears, reduces tears
all noble goals

but where is my book?
for the adult who lost two babies, while they were still Maybe's
with its cover so unmarketable a 
wannabee-parent with two dead Almost's, unremarkable

direct my feet to that aisle
grief?
self-help?
miscellaneous?
tell my feet where my answers wait in print
tell my feet why the next time will be better
tell my feet why they shouldn't cry at condolences
tell my feet why they shouldn't feel defeat
tell my feet
tell my feet



No comments:

Post a Comment