May 20, 2013

#1480 apology to the woman ahead of me in the check-out line-up for not speaking up

you look tired
you look like this life is a mockery of what you dreamed of as a child
you look like you think life is something that happens to you
like you haven't felt the joy of waking up from a good sleep in years
please, tell me your problems
life has been good to me
i owe the world favours
please, put some of your load on my shoulders
as a thank you, i will try to remind your facial muscles how to smile
tell me about the kids and the job and the fellow (there's always a fellow)
you don't filter and i won't judge
tell me how you came to view each day as something to be passed
when did you give up believing that tomorrow might be great
why
what happened
please, tell me your problems

No comments:

Post a Comment