March 22, 2013

#1390 established 1895

fernie fernie hold me tight
through the day and through the night
between two bridges, night and day and day and night
let the travellers pass on through
let those in need of healing stop to visit you
hugged by mountains hugged by life
still the ghostrider wanders still
look the other way to the hill

o fernie fernie hold me tight
i got my lies and demons to fight
between two ridges, day and night and night and day
let the banjos and the singers play
i'm sorry for what we take from you
erasing mountains erasing life
you give me three sisters but i miss my one
as the mountian tucks in the sun

fernie fernie are you alright?
below the city but such great height
between to bridges, fight and play and play all night
am i a traveller passing through
do i stop and worship you
hug him mountains and my wife
two's enough don't give me three
two's enough now let her be
two's enough now let her be

No comments:

Post a Comment