January 21, 2013

#1323 please hate me, not my dog

to the woman who yelled at me for having my dog off leash
you were right
yes, i was outside of the designated off-leash area (by less than 10 feet)
yes, i was breaking the rules
yes, my dog ran toward you, and get that must be scary, especially at night
if i knew you'd be scared, i would have leashed her until our paths passed

to the woman who yelled at me for having my dog off leash
there is a lot you (and I) can learn from my dog
Lexi (my black Lab) loves everyone, even people she's never met, she assumes the best
she gives them the benefit of the tail-wag
Lexi always lives in the moment
in Lexi's doggie brain, a simple treat or bum-scratch can fix any problem

to the woman who yelled at me for having my dog off leash
i will let her off leash again
nothing against you, and thanks for making me think harder about it
but i want to live in a world where dogs run and jump and play
i will put her on leash immediately if we share a trail again
if i see you in time

wag more, growl less

No comments:

Post a Comment