February 6, 2012

#1007 i'm crying because spaceships are hard to eat

why am i crying?
oh heavens, what a question, child
i suppose i'm crying because spaceship parts are hard to eat
and spaceship parts is, what's in my lunch today
in my lunch a lot of days

why do i have spaceship parts in my lunch?
oh heavens, you do ask questions, child
i suppose "God" put the spaceship in my fridge
a spaceship the size of the veryestestest biggestestest giganticestest
mountainest mountain in the world
well i didn't want to tell god, "god,i hate eating spaceships!"
besides, i wasn't home when god put the spaceship in my fridge
and besides besides, i don't know god's cell phone number or e-mail address and we're not friends
at least, not on facebook

so anyways, i didn't want to tell god, "god, i hate eating spaceships!"
but even if i could talk to god, or e-mail god, or text god... i couldn't lie and say, "t-h-x 4 the spaceship, god" either
and so i eat some bites of spaceship for lunch
today i eat cockpit-bits
some breakfasts i bite the bulkhead
some fridays i feed on the fuselage
some sandwiches i stack with stabilizers
that is why i have spaceship parts in my lunch

will i ever finish eating my spaceship?
oh heavens, i don't know
one wednesday, i ate a whole wing
but another time, for a full fortnight i fasted- did not munch one measly morsel, nor bite one bit of booster
oh heavens, i don't know
i doubt i'll ever finish
though even if i do, i'm talking about a BIG spaceship here
a spaceship the size of the veryestestest biggestestest giganticestest
mountainest mountain in the world
so even if i do finish, a dish that big stays with you (you know, indigestion and the like)

do i like eating my spaceship?
oh heavens, no
though i, suppose i do like some things about eating my spaceship
i like knowing i can eat whole wings just, little ol' me
i like how strong my stomach is (when i first found the spaceship in my fridge i never thought i'd eat so much)
i like feeling connected with other spaceship-eaters (i know one special spaceship-eater and sometimes we share our spaceships: i bite a bit of hers and she chews a chunk of mine)
but, do i like eating my spaceships?

oh heavens, no
i hate eating spaceships, child

1 comment: