May 20, 2011

#798 CG Y Hate, the red plate


I LOVE Fernie.This place.
Smalltown pace, knowing the clerk’s face, night-time drum-n-bass, mountain-sheltered …           space     
godly things, NEW chocolate shops, OLD stumpy, up 3 sisters, down 3 kings,
familiar eyes and lawn trimmed perfect by, old Italian guy


But tonight my slam is for all       CAPITAL-A CAPITAL-B     HATERS
who, like me, ever said “BEEP BEEPIN, red-platers”

Birthday brats, we brag, unwilling to share            
But these mountains are not ours or theirs
Though wrapped in green ribbon and white bow,
by the, Higher Powers.    The Powers-That-Be,
Powers that be wishin’ we seein’ their vision.     
of Kindness, Understanding, Respct-       
But heck

I play the game in my mind, SUV pulls in from my blind
Cuts me off without pity like 2nd ave is his Cow-Town city
RED-plate, but I don’t  hate
I used to seethe, now I breathe



you see, SUV slaves to collect enough…  paper quadrilaterals
 to enjoy the mountain, saddle-bowls

And when I city-drive, I need to draw on rage, release my
Mario-Andretti, psycho-speedin  horn-honkin, finger-flippin   INNER BEAST


okay, I’m not that bad, but here’s my pledge
I WILL NOT JUDGE CALGARY BY ITS WORST EXAMPLES
plenty of BLEEP BLEEPS in this town, my hikers and campers

Weekdays SUV chooses to, make Big Money; weekdays I choose to, ride Big Money
Mr SUV is 5-lane insane Mcleod Trail-men-tality
Not because he, wants to be,       not because he tries to see?
but because that’s 5 days of his 7, workin’ to afford …      condo in heaven

I’ll close         by stealin', words aristotelian     “We ARE what we repeatedly do”
So I      ask you,     see G        Y hate, the red-plate          Why CG Y

No comments:

Post a Comment