June 22, 2010

#469 the DONE List: the new fad in personal satisfaction

i started my little list of "To-Do"
to help me achieve a thing or two
but the list grew, from a couple, to a few
and each "one more thing"
reminded me of something new
i filled the left and then the right
then flipped it over too
but still, my list grew
and grew and grew and grew
so that now i'm on scribbler number two
and you can see i'm stressed
by these fingernails i do chew
mow the backyard
(first scoop up the doggy-poo)
unclog the sink
of its gunk and goo
go to the store
so much to do
so much to do
and i throw it all in my big recycle bin

and i start a new list
and title it "Done"
and my nails relax and i have fun
#1 i got up to day
ahhh, relaxing
#2 i made a to-do list
#3 i threw out a to-do list
and on and on my list does grow
any sign of stopping? no
and i go back through days and weeks
and a pattern does grow
some of the same items appear as on my old list you know
put out the garbage
do the dishes
and
record my favourite show
then the real does start
beside each item i scribble a happy little check mark!
check
check
this is the life
who knew how much i'd accomplished?
now this is pleasure, this is liesure
this is a list that i do treasure

and i will not recycle this
instead i'll stamp and mail
for a magazine to publish




No comments:

Post a Comment