March 26, 2010

#363 wet luggage

i laughed the day they pulled her body from the flattened truck
and before the laugh turned to tears
guilt filled me from hair follicle to dark toenail
her body was sitting somewhere to be prepared for viewing
and i was laughing
rushing, hitchhiking to see her corpse
my luggage in the bed of a new pick-up
and the owner stopped to auto-wash his pride and joy
my brain was off and when it turned on
oh sh*t
i jump out to rescue my luggage
that's when the laughter overtook me
the soaking camouflaged my tears
i re-entered the truck
and my ride laughed
and so i laughed
and so guilt took up residence in my body
for years
now i see there is laughter in slaughter
there must be
Happiness fights everyday in this world
formidable opponents
Guilt, Jealousy, Overambition
and Laughter helps her
by hiding in slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment