June 21, 2009

#74 to die happy

to treat the king as i treat the janitor
we are all equal
crown on head or plunger in hand

to appreciate my parents and their struggles
accept the things i wouldn't do
admire the things i couldn't do

to tap the 8-ball when force is unnecessary
not for karma's sake but because it is right

to know the power of surrender
to find, only after i stop seeking
to learn to ignore the false voice
that screams premature surrender

to save the face of others
and to be able to face myself
when my own face feels lost

to thank those around me for their contributions
to smile at strangers
and to listen to people in need

to behave
not because my actions might be recorded
not because a well-selling sacred book says so
but to live according to my own inner god, my voice
whisper and shout
what is right


to live with mistakes i made
earning my position at the start line
struggling to the finish ribbon
broken or not

to accept and to learn
and to sleep
tired
smiling
knowing



No comments:

Post a Comment